Monday, September 27, 2010

Free Write...

I'm a bit stressed with thsi class. I am learning a lot, granted, but I am overwhelmed with the sheer amount of assignments - I feel as if I might be forgetting something constantly. I feel ok about my blog posts - I have never been a blogger and so having a blog in the first place has been a great experience, being able to participate in the online forum and take part in online conversations with my classmates and with my professor. But right now I only have about 50 points, and I need 30 more by next week. I would love to spend more time on my blogs, perhaps bring in some multimedia (pictures, videos, etc), but I hope that I have time to invest into each blog post. I would hate for any of my work to resemble the bullshit that we have discussed so often in class.
As for the other projects, I'm not quite sure where I am. I need to to edit my sister's college application essay, which I plan on doing this week. I have already done my interview for the digital story, but I feel like I need to start working on the actual compilation of the story because, let's be honest, I'm absolutely horrible with technology and it will probably take me a while to get it down. I also need to do the classmate consultation project with Michael, since my essay is due October 15 and I want to get a draft in to the teacher by October 5th hopefully. I think these are all the projects, and now that I have it all written out I feel much better. The blog essay is due soon as well, but I don't really know the details on that. For these next few weeks I will need to plan my schedule carefully so that I can allot the time that each assignment deserves, and so that I can get the most from each project.

3 comments:

  1. Rachel I totally agree about having to plan so that I can dedicate enough time to all the projects. Like you i am feeling overwhelmed, but really want to be able to give each project my best effort! It's stressful, I think this is the first class that I've had where the structure is so much about what you want to make it, but I'm sure that this will end up being a great excersize in planning and scheduling ( it's just hard to see the potential lesson to be learned in the process of being stressssssssed!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Rachel! Yesterdays class was helpful for me in that I finally felt like I wasn't the only one overwhelmed by all that was coming at me. I am also really nervous about the digital story. You and I should make an appointment at the TLC and maybe someone can help us get started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, I really like what you said about the blog. This is also my first blog, and I think it does extend the classroom discussion outside of the classroom. I think it's convenient and allows us students to have a more open forum for our thoughts. With regards to the due dates, planning, and stess associated with these assignments, I completely agree with you. We will all need to carefully plan throughout this semester for this class I think.

    ReplyDelete